Happy June Monterey Bay Chapter
In May, we met in the Community Room at The Barnyard in Carmel to hear Maureen Hamilton of the Monterey Peninsula Water Management District present: “The Tale of Two Water Projects: Aquifer Storage and Recovery and Pure Water Monterey Injection Wellfields.” Thank you Maureen for an engaging talk which featured several project management lessons from real-world infrastructure projects. Twelve members and guests shared the evening over pizza from Alfredo’s.
The annual board elections will take place later this month. Our chapter greatly values member participation in our governance, planning, and growth, and we are excited to welcome your ideas and contributions. We are still looking to find candidates for the following positions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to join the new board of directors.
- VP Finance: Manages chapter funds and expenses.
- VP Administration: Records board meeting actions.
Our latest happenings:
- May 18, 2023: In-person meeting in the Community Room at The Barnyard in Carmel, with a presentation by Maureen Hamilton, Sr Water Resources Engineer at Monterey Peninsula Water Management District, titled: “The Tale of Two Water Projects: Aquifer Storage and Recovery and Pure Water Monterey Injection Wellfields.” In this engaging presentation Maureen described the two innovative projects that supply water to the Monterey Peninsula. They are similar but different in many aspects, such as their scope, technologies, scheduling/phasing, and funding. Please contact Eric Mobley
email@example.com if you are interested in viewing the presentation.
- June 1, 2023: The Monterey Bay Chapter and the San Francisco Bay Area Chapter discussed a potential partnership on the 2023 Professional Development Day event this fall. If you are interested in being a part of the process please contact Chieko Nozaki firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upcoming monthly member meetings:
- June 6, 2023 @7am-8am: First Tuesday Breakfast. Join us to discuss project management jobs: the content of those jobs, where they are, and where the openings are. Other topics include waterfall versus Agile, PDUs, and certification. The first 10 people to RSVP will receive a free breakfast and you can also earn 1 PDU for attending! Marina Village Restaurant, 215 Reservation Road, Marina, CA 93933. First Tuesday of the month.
- June 15, 2023 @6pm-7:30pm: Wanda Vollmer on Disaster Preparedness. Monthly member meeting in the Community Room at The Barnyard in Carmel. Wanda Vollmer is the Founder and CEO of Peace of Mind Preparedness, who provides education programs on disaster readiness for families and businesses on the Central Coast. She was previously the Community Engagement Manager at the American Red Cross in Carmel and is currently serving as Captain of the Carmel C.E.R.T. (Community Emergency Response Team) Team. Her mission with Peace of Mind Preparedness is to empower families and businesses to be disaster ready and to build a prepared community.
- June (please look for an announcement): Monterey Bay Chapter Board of Directors elections (online)
- July 20, 2023: Monthly member meeting (in-person) (third Thursday)
Please visit our website https://pmi-mbay.org/ for a calendar of events, and look for event announcements via Meetup https://www.meetup.com/PMI-MontereyBay.
To expand our knowledge base and networks, we are currently welcoming members and others who are interested in joining the PMI Monterey Bay Chapter.
New project management mobile game available. PMI has released a game to develop PM skills in youth between 8 to 15 years old. You play as a project leader, working to save your island by building a bridge to another island using the time and resources available. Download the app (The Rescue Challenge by TGA Entertainment LLC) on IOS or Android.
Calling all project management faculty and scholars! Get the industry knowledge and tools you need to enhance your work, teaching and research in the monthly Academic Network Newsletter from PMI. Free to sign up.
PMI Global Summit 2023 will be held October 25-28 in Atlanta, Georgia. The largest global gathering of project leaders, this event will provide educational programming and networking activities to support the PM profession.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, thank you!
|Member Meet-Up at Dust Bowl Brewing Company.||Family and Friends at the Monterey Chapter Holiday Party 2022.||Members and Board of Directors at the Monterey Chapter Holiday Party 2022.|
|President-Elect Chris Nannini presents Hybrid Project Management.||Chris Nannini answers quesions during his presentation at Carmel Mission Inn.||Monterey Bay Chapter's President Jill Movahedi at the Chapter's Holiday Party.|